An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Locum Advanced Nurse Practitioner role to act as an autonomous practitioner, both working independently and with other health professionals to assess, diagnose and treat patients.
You will provide professional advice to patients, carers and colleagues as well as training to other members of the team. Undertake and interpret a wide range of diagnostic tests, such as cytology, venepuncture, blood pressure, ECG’s.
This role is full-time locum with ongoing shifts, weekly pay, assistance with Mandatory training and DBS application. Working patterns and hours are flexible.
- Assess/examine patients, diagnose, plan, treat and review/evaluate. Assessment may be face-to-face by appointment or by telephone as part of a triage/unscheduled care team and will include patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis.
- Diagnose and manage patients presenting with both acute and chronic conditions based on a management plan which includes a medication plan and other interventions.
- Identify health priorities and make timely and appropriate interventions to support patients presenting in an emergency and/or with complex/urgent needs.
- Assess and manage patients’ physiological and psychological needs, including patients with complex needs, multiple diagnoses and polypharmacy.
- Identify patients at risk of developing a chronic illness and develop a plan for minimising the risk of worsening.
- Advise and educate patients, promoting understanding, self-management, healthy lifestyle choices and sources of support and compliance with a treatment plan and medication.
- Ensure that all patients who may be vulnerable or who have mental health needs are appropriately managed and protected by the nursing team.
- Must be an autonomous practitioner (ANP)
- Preferably a prescriber
- Must be able to see all ages and conditions of minor illness
- Minor injury experience desirable but minor illness most crucial
- Knowledge of Chronic Disease Management
- The care of patients presenting with undifferentiated health problems
- Child and adult immunizations
- Cervical Cytology
- Emis Web experience
Please contact us today to find out more.
call us 01923 594 002