We are working with a client seeking a number of qualified Emergency Nurse Practitioners in Urgent Care who have experience as autonomous practitioners within an emergency department, Urgent Care or Primary Care setting and are willing to develop their practice in Urgent Care.
We recognise that Nurse Practitioners have varied skills and backgrounds and therefore are very happy to support the training needs of successful candidates.
The Urgent Care Centre has an established team of ENP’s with varied experience, from backgrounds in Emergency Care, Primary Care and Paediatric Emergency Care. Their combined scope of practice has continued to advance to enable the ENP team to see a wider array of common and complex presentations beyond the original envisaged scope of practice and provide a valuable clinical presence within the emergency department.
Your role will include Seeing, Treating, Discharging, Referring and the Rapid Clinical Assessment / Streaming of patients. You will be offered a chance to build up your individual competency structure. We provide regular training for the team and have a dedicated emergency department consultant who works closely with the emergency nurse practitioner to develop competencies and skills.
It is an exciting time to join our team and be supported to enhance your scope of practice. If you are seeking a challenge, are passionate about patient care and interested in joining an enthusiastic, dynamic and supportive UCC team we would love to hear from you.
The key responsibilities of the Emergency Nurse Practitioner are:
- Undertaking specialised clinical assessments, diagnosing and treating patients; both those with minor conditions as well as complex case
- Acting as a source of clinical expertise to less experienced staff within the team
- Delegating responsibility among the team when it is require
- Measuring and identifying potential clinical risk
- Maintaining clear communication and coordination with the multidisciplinary teams across primary and secondary care
- Ensuring that records are accurate and complete at all times
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- First Level Registered Nurse (RGN)
- Proven experience working in an urgent care environment
- Current NMC Registration
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- ENB A33 or equivalent mentorship qualification
- ENP Minor Injuries Course at Level 6/7
- Advanced Practice and/or Independent Prescribing qualification desirable
Please contact us today to find out more.
call us 01923 594 002